CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

the {GREAT} name :|REVEAL|:

Last week was a big week, we found out that our precious baby is a girl! This week, is just as important and exciting, we have chosen a name for our baby girl! Names are incredible things, they usually describe the person you are, many times your name is the very first thing somebody knows about you, maybe even before they meet you. I love names, I think they are beautiful and I was bound and determined to give my baby a beautiful unique name that they would love. Growing up, my friends and I always shared all the names we picked out that we wanted to name our children someday, I think I had some pretty silly names picked out over the years, but I remember how much I loved coming up with different names for boys and girls. But man, when I found out I was pregnant that was one of the first things we talked about, names. Naming a someday baby and naming your baby that is actually going to be born in a few months is so much different, so much more difficult especially when you have to come to an agreement on a name with your significant other! I had names that I loved but Sam didn't like them, and Sam had names that he loved and I didn't like them. We had a really hard time agreeing, especially on boys names. 

Like I said in my last post I had a feeling we were going to have a girl the whole time, my mom and Sam's mom had the same instinct. But even before we found out the gender of the baby something crazy happened. Sam and I were dog sitting for my Aunt and we were hanging out my phone buzzed like I got a text message and at the same time Sam came to me and said how about the name "Lilliana Grace" and I said that I loved it so much. Sam's mom's name is Lillian, and she is an amazing woman! I thought it was perfect! Well Sam went about doing his thing again (Remember how I said I got a text,) I checked my phone and I had gotten a text from my mom and it said "Lilliana Grace" I SWEAR ON MY ENTIRE LIFE PEOPLE THIS IS NOT A JOKE. I talked to both of them and neither of them had spoken to each other! They picked, out of the millions of names in the world, the exact first and middle name. I felt like it was fate. But, like I said this was before we knew the gender so if it was a boy we were just out of luck. We only agreed on one boy name, Noah. and I wasn't too super crazy about it. Not like I was Lilliana Grace, it was just too perfect. 

So when we found out on Thursday that the baby was a girl, I knew her name had to be Lilliana Grace. We still had to officially decide and I was already calling her Lilly and talking to her using that name, so Sam told me that I had to make it official. So here I am, making it official. Our beautiful daughter is going to be named Lilliana Grace Diaz, after her beautiful grandma Lillian. I could only pray that she would be just as wonderful, beautiful, kind, humble, and caring as her grandma. Sam and I agreed that it is the perfect name to describe our baby girl. So cheers, to choosing a name! 

Lilliana Grace Diaz

Giraffe necks! haha trying to reach over the board!

Love my little family <3

until next time
<3 Me & L.G.
xoxo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment